As some of you may know, outside of Grime I’m really not a UK Rap fan. Why? Because I can’t get with the ‘Urban’ amalgamation watered down malarky and let’s face it 9/10 UK artists are either emulating our cousins across the pond or ‘artist‘ of the moment. I’ve been sent links to this artist before and skipped through it as a lot of the time I’ve been on the go -maybe it was the beat, maybe it was the flow, maybe it was the visuals… Who knows?
The only thing I’m sure about is that I’m feeling this cut right here, it’s original, it’s uplifting, it’s beautiful, it’s BRITISH.
This is a wave that I hope other Brits jump on because it’s totally our vibe, from the production, to the lyrics, to the flows, to the arrangement, the singer and the visuals. I really couldn’t of given a fuck about him before but this cut right here has put this rapper on the radar… Let’s just hope the album, scheduled to drop later this year, contains more cuts like this and less of the soundalikes like his contemporaries. FUCK DAT! I wanna hear a joint album because these two lads have got maaad chemistry, and a great set of producers behind them.
- Grime – Part 3. What it means to me. (lukeresounssc.wordpress.com)
- Uk News: Outrage After Brit Awards Snubs Uk “Urban” Artists (madnewsuk.com)
- Wiley, Proud2, London (independent.co.uk)
- The Top 10 New School MCs (hiphopwired.com)
- Jump Off Uk (debate) Has Uk Hip Hop Lost It’s British Identity? (madnewsuk.com)
- Grime – Part 2, Business. (lukeresounssc.wordpress.com)