Let me just start by saying that if you think you’re a certified music expert and you haven’t heard of Bob Marley, you are officially a waste of space and you should kill thyself as of now by hurling yourself in front of a speeding train, getting hit but not killed and slowly dying in the underlay of the rancid carpet of a crackhouse on the hundred and sixty sixth floor of a dingy tower block in the midst of a Mumbai slummmmm!!!
You’re probably asking why I’m so excited to feature the legendary Robert Nestor ‘Bob’ Marley… well if you didn’t know… I was and his greatest fan back in the ’80s when I was a bambino! I used to watch a VHS tape (hell yea I’m that muddafuuukaaarin ‘ol skoool!!!!) of a concert he did in London me thinks either way I’d watch it day and night.
Since today marks the 30th anniversary of my bambino-ish idol’s ascent into the stars, I chose to don a denim shirt as the legend himself and a pair of Vans as a substitute for the Clarks he used to wear.
- Bob Marley dies 30 year ago today (mojoey.blogspot.com)
- Bob Marley, 30 Years Later – Larger in Death than in Life (insidejourneys.com)
- Remembering Bob Marley, 30 Years Later (theroot.com)
- Jennifer Hudson Added to ‘Late Night’ Bob Marley Tribute (theboombox.com)
- Cannes Film Festival: Bob Marley documentary director Kevin Macdonald says he was inspired by slum-dwellers in Africa listening to reggae (mirror.co.uk)
- Video: ‘Lost’ Bob Marley footage to get viewing this weekend (pbpulse.com)